Friday, April 10, 2009
10 Reason Why Gay Marriage is "Wrong"
I found this on facebook and wanted to post it here. I DID NOT WRITE IT- not sure who did, but don't want to get credit for writing it. I am just pro gay marriage and wanted to let people read this because I think it gets old when people can't come up with new excuses for why gays shouldn't marry... enjoy! (Oh, and keep in mind the author of this is also pro gay marriage- it is very sarcastic!)
1) Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.
2) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.
3) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.
4) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.
5) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Britney Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.
6) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.
7) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.
8) Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.
9) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.
10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
First of all I'm relieved to know that you do not endorse this article. Second of all, being a black, white, Jewish, bisexual, woman... I'm offended on so many levels by the 'points' this article tried to make. Obviously some ignorant MAN filled with hate wrote this crap.ReplyDelete
Number 5 almost got my monitor covered in juice from spitting it out. LOLReplyDelete
I am also pro gay marriage and get tired of hearing all of the excuses. This list had me in stitches! Thanks for sharing!ReplyDelete
Yes, I chuckled quite a bit when I read this. Well played, I felt!ReplyDelete
AMEN!!! this particular issue is one that gets my blood boiling...I loath ignorance and hatred!ReplyDelete